See the sights John Steinbeck saw, traversed through and wrote about in this books! Want to dine at the Steinbeck House? We can arrange it in your tour! From East of Eden to Pastures of Heaven, absorb the inspiration for John Steinbeck’s well-known novels and short stories in this approximately four to six-hour tour that opens the door to Steinbeck’s muse—the Salinas Valley. It also includes a visit to the Steinbeck Center and the Garden of Memories Cemetery where he’s buried.
Please call for pricing
Child for ages 12 to 5 (Please note: While we welcome children on most SoMoCo tours, ages 4 and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van).
This tour requires at least 4 people to sign up. We will let you know 48 hours in advance if we do not meet the minimum.
Private group tours: Want Big Blue (tour van) all to yourself? Reserve the entire vehicle for 7 adults, and you’ll enjoy a 12% discount on your Tour. When a private party reserves the entire vehicle, arrangements can be made to dine at the Steinbeck House (when seating is available). Please note that this is not a private tour unless you reserve all seats in the van.
We well pick you up within a 25 minute radius. Extra fee for longer distances (up to 50 miles total.)
- 4 to 6 hour guided tour
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Two block walking tour
- Visiting 3 different location
- Bottled water
- Photo opportunity stops
- Custom souvenir!
- Gourmet Lunch – Enjoy a Caesar salad, croissant sandwich and cupcake desert on your tour!
- Gourmet Platter – Maximize your wine tasting experience with this gourmet platter. Enjoy three cheeses and a choice of three items (fresh fruits, dried fruits, crackers, olives, figs, grapes, nuts) depending on availability. Serves four to six guests.
- Cheese platter – A tasteful platter consisting of two cheeses and crackers sure to delight your taste buds! Serves two to three guests.
- Other arrangements can be made for especial events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc).
Lunch and Platters are subject to substitutions
- 11:00 AM to 11:30 Pm Pick-up and drive to Steinbeck Center
- 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM Steinbeck Center
- 12:30 to 1:30 PM Oldtown Salinas (Kate’s weekly walk from East of Eden main street )
- 1:30 PM to 2:15 PM lunch (optional)
- 2:15 PM to 3:00 PM Steinbeck House
- 3:00 PM to 3:15 PM Drive by Salinas High School (Steinbeck graduated in 1919)
- 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM Visit Steinbeck’s final resting place
- 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM Drop-off
- Times are approximate
- If you feel that the tour leader met or exceeded your expectations you are welcome to reward him/her as an expression of your appreciation. Leaving a gratuity is at your discretion, and the standard gratuity in the service industry is 15% to 18%
Tour Cancellation Policy:
Due to the challenge of how far in advance we have to make our reservations we have a one (1) week cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation one (1) week before the start of the tour you can expect a full refund. If it is cancelled less than one (1) week before the start of the tour, no refund will be provided. We do understand there are situations beyond people’s control such as air travel delays, traffic, etc. We will accommodate to allow people to move their reservation if possible. Experience SoMoCO reserves the right to cancel or move the tour to another time and date.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on a SoMoCo tour! Please keep these details in mind as you plan your adventure:
- Unless you reserve all seats in the van, other individuals may also be on your SoMoCo tour. We are happy to offer private tours and special group charters. Contact us for information and booking.
- While we welcome children on most SoMoCo tours, please note that ages four (4) and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van. Children’s ticket prices apply.
- Please be courteous to other passengers by being on time for all tour departures.
- For additional questions/bookings, you can reach us at 831-595-5921 or email@example.com
- For waiver information click here