The newest National Park in the United States is located right in the backyard of south Monterey County. The former Pinnacles National Monument became Pinnacles National Park in January 2013. It’s a beautiful drive up to the parking lot and visitors who don’t wish to hike the trails can have a picnic instead. Flashlights are required for caves. It is recommended for hikers to consume at least one liter of water an hour while hiking under any weather conditions. Hikers of all ages can be spotted on the trails, so do not be intimidated. There are restrooms and picnic tables available. Compass reading and knot tying lessons included on this tour!
This tour requires at least 4 people to sign up. We will let you know 48 hours in advance if we do not meet the minimum.
Private group tours: Want Big Blue (tour van) all to yourself? Reserve the entire vehicle for 7 adults, and you’ll enjoy a 12% discount on your Tour. (Please note that this is not a private tour unless you reserve all seats in the van).
We well pick you up within a 25 minute radius. Extra fee for longer distances (up to 50 miles total.)
Please call for pricing
Child for ages 12 to 5 (Please note: While we welcome children on most SoMoCo tours, ages 4 and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van).
- 4 to 6 hour tour
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Knowledgeable guide
- Visit contact station
- Compass reading lesson
- Bottled water
- Three knot lessons
- Flashlight (Loan)
- Photo opportunity stops
- Beautiful scenic route drive
- Visit to the Soledad Visitors & Gateway Center
- Gourmet Lunch – $20 – Enjoy a Caesar salad, croissant sandwich, and cupcake desert on your tour!
- Gourmet Platter – $48 – Maximize your wine tasting experience with this gourmet platter. Enjoy three cheeses and a four items (fresh fruits, dried fruits, crackers, olives, figs, grapes, nuts) depending on availability. Serves four to six guest.
- Cheese platter – $28 – A tasteful platter consisting of two cheeses and crackers sure to delight your taste buds! Serves two to three guests.
- Other arrangements can be made for especial events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc).
Lunch and Platters are subject to substitutions
- 9:30 AM Pick-up
- 9:30 – 10:30 AM Scenic Historic Route El Camino Real (The Royal Road) 101 drive to Pinnacles
- 10:30 – 10:45 AM Visit Pinnacles contact station
- 10:45 _ 11:00 AM Informational video about Pinnacles
- 11:00 – 11:10 AM Drive to parking point
- 11:10 – 1:00 PM Lets go hiking! We will hike to and through a very unique cave formation.
- 1:00 – 1:30 PM Lunch (optional)
- 1:30 – 2:00 PM Knot tying and compass reading lessons
- 2:00 – 2:15 PM Drive to Soledad’s Visitors & Gateway Center
- 2:15 – 2:45 PM Soledad Visitors & Gateway Center visit
- 2:45 – 3:30 PM Drop-off
- Times are approximate
- If you feel that the tour leader met or exceeded your expectations you are welcome to reward him/her as an expression of your appreciation. Leaving a gratuity is at your discretion, and the standard gratuity in the service industry is 15% to 18%
Tour Cancellation Policy:
Due to the challenge of how far in advance we have to make our reservations we have a one (1) week cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation one (1) week before the start of the tour you can expect a full refund. If it is cancelled less than one (1) week before the start of the tour, no refund will be provided. We do understand there are situations beyond people’s control such as air travel delays, traffic, etc. We will accommodate to allow people to move their reservation if possible. Experience SoMoCO reserves the right to cancel or move the tour to another time and date.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on a SoMoCo tour! Please keep these details in mind as you plan your adventure:
- Please bring sun protection and appropriate shoes for the hike!
- You may want to bring binoculars for the amazing views.
- It is recommended to bring two liters of water on the hike.
- Unless you reserve all seats in the van, other individuals may also be on your SoMoCo tour. We are happy to offer private tours and special group charters. Contact us for information and booking.
- While we welcome children on most SoMoCo tours, please note that ages four (4) and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van. Children’s ticket prices apply.
- Please be courteous to other passengers by being on time for all tour departures.
- For additional questions/bookings, you can reach us at 831-595-5921 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For waiver information click here